Saturday, May 1, 2010

Firday April 30th

Well, I have seen the doctor. I really don't know what to make of him. When I went to him last Thursday, he said that since he now has seen my whole back through an MRI, then to him my whole back needs fused, not just the T11-L2. When I first went to him, I ask him to do the test on my complete back, but he did not. I feel like now that if he had done this, then he would not have done the surgery on L5-S1.

When he told me this Thursday, I was speakless and then he left, so I did not get to ask him any questions about maybe having artifical disc put in. I know by reading on the internet that he does them.

My sister, who is 12 years older than me , whose back is a lot worst than mine, she went to him and he has ordered a Myelogram test for her back to see if there is anything that he can do for her. With me, he just dismissed me and walked out after recommending Physical Therapy and Pain Management. But both of these are nothing but a bandaid fix. I do not want to take the shots, most time they do not work, ( I have had some, and they did not work) and I do know that if you keep taking them, they will injury your bones.

So now I have to decide what I want to do.

Saturday, May 1st.

I have decided to call some doctors in Albany Georgia and see if they can help me.
I know that Dr. Burkus in Columbus does the disc. recplacements, but when I was there, he never told me anything about them, so now I don't trust him.

More later Monday after I talk to the doctors in Albany.

No comments:

Post a Comment