Sunday, April 18, 2010

My Thoracic Surgery

On April 15th I went to my doctor . I thought that I would be scheduling my surgery or T11-12 to L1-2, but when I told him that I was hurting on the left side in the back from my waist up to my shoulder, he ordered an MRI for T3 to T10. I am waiting now on the appointment for the MRI.

I don't understand though because back when I first went to him, he took xrays of what I thought was my whole T spine area. But I guess not. He said that with the MRI that I had done on my neck and lower and then the xrays that he took, he could not see all that he wanted to see.
He also said that he did not know if he would be able to help me or not. But when I want to him to get the results of the earlier xrays and MRI he told me that I needed surgery on the T11-12 to L1-2.

I don't know about you, but when they throw a curve ball at me when I am there, I really don't know what to say and don't ask the questions that I need to ask, but when I go back I am going to take the orginal paper work and ask him.

If it shows that I have problems with the Tspine higher up and after reading the form on Spine-Health.com I don't know if I want to have that kind of surgery or not, but with all the problems that I am having with my back in the T spine area, I really don't know.

After the surgery on L5 S1, I really don't feel a lot better and the surgery was last July 2009.

I told him this and he ask me "If I had a majic wand and could fix the lower back and right leg hurting or the middle back which would I choose?" I told him I really did not know, but my lower back and leg hurts all the time, where my middle back and left side hurts the most when I do anything. So it was a hard question to answer.

Joyce

1 comment:

  1. Hi Joyce how you doing ? I hope that you are doing better , is there any update ? I m thinking about the surgery on my T5 and T6 any info would be appreciated Zak from Texas

    ReplyDelete